Rediscover the Gallery after dark with the Mix – a vibrant changing calendar of special events combining people and art with music, great food, beer and wine, pop-up talks and demonstrations, debates, films and live performances.
Spend a FREE high-octane evening celebrating local landscapes and the incredible individuals who get amongst them in search of Big Adventures at our second Mix of 2017!
- A chat with some of the team from Mons Royale about how they work hard, play hard and continue to be inspired by New Zealand’s incredible landscapes while they’re out there doing it. Anna Smoothy (Mons Royale Team Liaison/Freeskier) will talk us through the brand’s journey from Lake Wanaka to the world.
- Anna will be joined by Fraser McDougal (Freeskier/Engineer/Pilot/Mons Royale Athlete) and Sam Smoothy (NZ’s most successful freeride athlete) to discuss their part in the Mons Royale journey, as well as some of the incredible adventures they have pioneered across the globe.
- A special screening of Muscle and Dreams (by West Coast Film) a documentary following a keen group of enthusiasts as they transform an idea for a gold miners road from the 1800s into New Zealand’s longest continuous single-track (great for hikers and mountain bikers alike!)
- Talks by the incredible Hollie Woodhouse (Say Yes to Adventure Magazine, The Adventurous Kiwi and ultramarathon runner), and Liz Carlson (Wanaka-based travel blogger and expert adventurer Young Adventuress) on some of their most amazing adventures.
- A landscape themed late night tour.
- Local food trucks, with Yealands Family Wines and Three Boys Brewery on the bar.
Take a free guided tour of our collection highlights with one of our friendly, knowledgeable guides.
Join volunteer guide Rod McKay as he discusses Francis Upritchard’sTourist in Jealous Saboteurs on the ground floor.
Henri Matisse: The Cut Outs was hailed as the most successful exhibition in Tate Modern’s history.
Join us for a day-long celebration of jazz to commerate the opening of our new exhibitions Len Lye: Stopped Short by Wonder and Henri Matisse: Jazz.
Senior curator Lara Strongman and Paul Brobbel, Len Lye curator at the Govett-Brewster, introduce our new Len Lye exhibition.
Dr Christine Whybrew (Heritage New Zealand) discusses her research on two of New Zealand’s best-known nineteenth-century photographers, Alfred and Walter Burton.
This year’s weekly ArtBite programme is about to start! From Friday 10 February, we will again offer a weekly presentation of a work on display here at Te Puna o Waiwhetu. The aim of these 30-minute talks is to give you an art break in the middle of your day. We know you’re busy, so this isn’t a long lecture meant to take up too much of your time. And they’re free. With a new work presented each Friday at 12.30pm, the information will be fresh so you can impress your friends during your weekend socialising.
Take a free guided tour of our exhibition highlights with one of our friendly, knowledgeable guides.
Please note during the Winter months May to August, there will be no 11am tour on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A free, guided art tour especially for parents with babies. Buggies welcome.