The Mix: Big Adventures
Bayleys Knight Frank Foyer
Rediscover the Gallery after dark with the Mix – a vibrant changing calendar of special events combining people and art with music, great food, beer and wine, pop-up talks and demonstrations, debates, films and live performances.
Spend a FREE high-octane evening celebrating local landscapes and the incredible individuals who get amongst them in search of Big Adventures at our second Mix of 2017!
- A chat with some of the team from Mons Royale about how they work hard, play hard and continue to be inspired by New Zealand’s incredible landscapes while they’re out there doing it. Anna Smoothy (Mons Royale Team Liaison/Freeskier) will talk us through the brand’s journey from Lake Wanaka to the world.
- Anna will be joined by Fraser McDougal (Freeskier/Engineer/Pilot/Mons Royale Athlete) and Sam Smoothy (NZ’s most successful freeride athlete) to discuss their part in the Mons Royale journey, as well as some of the incredible adventures they have pioneered across the globe.
- A special screening of Muscle and Dreams (by West Coast Film) a documentary following a keen group of enthusiasts as they transform an idea for a gold miners road from the 1800s into New Zealand’s longest continuous single-track (great for hikers and mountain bikers alike!)
- Talks by the incredible Hollie Woodhouse (Say Yes to Adventure Magazine, The Adventurous Kiwi and ultramarathon runner), and Liz Carlson (Wanaka-based travel blogger and expert adventurer Young Adventuress) on some of their most amazing adventures.
- A landscape themed late night tour.
- Local food trucks, with Yealands Family Wines and Three Boys Brewery on the bar.
6pm – 9pm Food Truck and Pop Up Bar
6:30pm Hollie Woodhouse talk, Philip Carter Family Auditorium
7pm Liz Carlson talk Philip Carter Family Auditorium
7:15pm Big Landscapes - Late Night Gallery Tour, Meet at Front Desk
7:30pm Muscle and Dreams – Creating the Old Ghost Road (26 mins), Philip Carter Family Auditorium
8pm Mons Royale with Sam Smoothy and Fraser McDougall, Philip Carter Family Auditorium