- Presented by Mr Rex Nan Kivell, 1953
- 572 x 430mm
- c. 1950
Keith Vaughan produced around 10 lithographs, the majority of which were commissioned by the Redfern Gallery in the late 1940s and early 1950s. He often chose figure studies because he was particularly interested in depicting man integrated with the landscape. Largely self-taught, Vaughan developed as an artist through constant practice. After the Second World War he became a full-time artist and had a teaching position at the Central School of Art in the early 1950s and at the Slade School of Art in 1954.