- Presented by Mr Rex Nan Kivell, 1953
- 658 x 500mm
During the late 1940s and early 1950s Ceri Richards produced a series of paintings and lithographs based on interior scenes including a piano and figures. Many of these works, such as Interlude in Baroque, were exhibited at the Redfern Gallery. Richards worked as a painter and lithographer. He studied at the Swansea School of Art from 1921 to 1924 before attending the Royal College of Art from 1924 to 1927. He was a talented lithographer with many of his works having musical themes. He received numerous commissions from the Redfern Gallery, the Miller’s Press and the Curwen Press.