- Oil on canvas
- Transferred from Banks Peninsula District Council, 2006
- 950 x 830mm
George Laurenson (1857-1913) was MP for Lyttelton from 1899 until his death. The painting was commissioned after Laurenson's death and was completed from photographs. It was unveiled at a ceremony in Norton's Rooms, Lyttelton on 13 July 1914.
A full report of this event appeared in 'The Press' the following day.