Edmond Gosselin

French, b.1849, d.1917

Charles Meryon

France, b.1821, d.1868 (After)

Tourelle de la rue de la Tixéranderie

  • 19th Century
  • Etching
  • Gift of the Collins family, 2021
  • 252 x 140mm
  • 2021/057
  • View on google maps

The rue de la Tixéranderie was a very ancient Parisian street, known by that name from as early as the twelfth century. It ran east to west, north of the Hôtel de Ville. It took its name from the weavers (tisserands) who lived and worked there.

All the buildings were demolished, and the street itself eliminated, when the rue de Rivoli was built in the 1850s.